Take A Break

The power of imagination makes us infinite

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Its Birthday Time!!

Yes, my daughter turned 3 yesterday!! And the feeling hasn’t sunk in for me yet. It seems like just weeks ago we celebrated her 2nd birthday and just a few months ago she was born :). It seems as if time has just shrunk. We just had a small party at home with a few of my Japanese friends, her only friend K and her favorite dog, Non chan!! In fact we had two small parties………one along with friends and one after my hubby dearest returned from office with his colleague. Both low key affairs, but my daughter enjoyed it thoroughly, after all she got to cut two cakes. I enjoyed it too because my daughter was happy and also because I love cooking for occasions (please do not read as “I cook occasionally”). It was fun having my Japanese friends over. My hubby probably would have enjoyed it better if not for his cold and fever :( The menu for the snack party was Hot Indian Milk Tea, Vegetable Bajjis, a dish made out of sweet potato(because Japanese love sweet potato), gulab jamun, Homemade Mango Ice-cream and of course The Cake. And dinner was Vegetable Pulao with Raitha and the second cake. Cakes are expensive here and due to the global economy crisis which has led to reduced expenditure, I got two sponge cakes from the store and decorated it myself. My first attempt at decoration, without any equipment and no prior knowledge about it. Here are the pictures………. The one with the candle was the second cake and the one with Hello Kitty was the first cake ;-)







1 Comments:

Blogger Mayuresh said...

yummm lots of sweets to eat..
wish you daughter a belated happy 3..

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home